When John and I first move to Houston, TX we did not know a soul. We were so very blessed to meet several friends who became our family in Texas. Among these friends was Jennifer. Jennifer is a friend of mine who I know because our husbands went to school together. I was blessed to meet this wonderful loving woman and find that she would become a great friend in no time. From the beginning Jennifer treated me as if she had known me forever. She offers herself to anyone and everyone she meets. She redefined the true meaning of service to me. She is the kind of person who offers to do anything and everything for you, just like someone in your immediate family would do. Anyone who knows Jennifer has surely been offered and perhaps accepted services such as: babysitting (kids and dogs), checking mail, rides to appointments, picking up things at the store, making meals, rides to the airport and so on. Jennifer is so overly loving and willing that you don't have to feel guilty for these favors. Again, just like your very own family.
Jennifer is very creative and talented person. She taught herself how to sew and took and industrial sewing class at a college here in Houston. She made curtains for their apartments and big fancy pillows for their couch. She makes things for her friends and her children too. She has made some very cute little outfits for her daughter Grace that look store-bought. She makes goals, accomplishes them and then pretends as if she didn't while telling me "Oh Andrea, you are so good at making a goal and just going for it....blah blah blah". What are you talking about Jennifer!??!?! YOU are the best at making goals and accomplishing them. You fine tune and improve things in every area of your life! You are a dream-woman! You make menus and stick to them. You are organized. You scrub your foot boards with a toothbrush! You are thrifty at the grocery store! You grind your own hamburger for goodness sakes! : ) You take time to do crafts with your little girls! Ever since I met you and Edwin the two of you remind me of that song "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy and wealthy and wise"! Ha ha! You are EVERYTHING!
Jennifer lived in the same complex as me. After she had her first child she would come over to my house frequently for visits. She didn't know what a delight it was to break up the studying with some fun Jennifer and Grace time! She always came over under the premise that she was too frustrated to handle her child. I always thought that was hilarious because she never looked even remotely frustrated! She is so calm, patient and sweet and I just didn't see it! She now has a second child, named Ann after me she said. Let me just express in writing that I am so honored that you love me that much. I am so humbled by your love and appreciate it very deeply.
Jennifer: You are so many wonderful things. What's even more special than you being all of these things is that you have the humility to see the grand beauty in others and express it so very freely. I have been showered by your love. Edwin is one lucky man and I think he knows it. Grace and Ann have been blessed by God to have you as their mother. Someday, they will realize that and will possess the qualities to pass that on to their children. I hope you really know how good you are because you are a shining example of a successful person, loving mother, and wonderful friend. Thank you for being my friend. My life is better because you are in it. Thank you so much for the lovely blog you did about little old me. It lifted my spirits and reminded me of what fun we had together. Oh, and by the way: GOTCHA! HA!
6 comments:
I knew that Jen grinds her own hamburger and is 100% charitable and is the most patient mother alive...but she scrubs her floorboards with a toothbrush, too!?
Yes, I believe so. She has made reference to it once or twice...
All I can say is AMEN! We love you Jen!
How lovingly well written. Andrea, hang on to her! Great friends like that are harder to come by than one might think!
Sounds like a great gal!
What a friend...Edwin told me to check out your blog...I've been busy with news/media not personal blogs lately. You certainly caught me by suprise. I love you dearly. Thanks for kind thoughts. Give John and the boys hugs and kisses for us.
Post a Comment